2018 National Law Enforcement Exploring Conference Back
SAVE THE DATE
July 16 - 20, 2018
West Lafayette, Indiana
$495 Registration Fee
$150 Post Deposit
IMPORTANT DATES & FEES
Opens October 1, 2017
$150 non-refundable deposit due upon reservation
ONLINE REGISTRATION OPEN
March 1, 2018 - July 1, 2018
$495 per Explorer and Advisor
Payments can be made during this time. Full payment is due in the National Exploring Office by midnight on July 1, 2018.
Sunday, July 15
$70 additional fee per person
Monday, July 16 - Friday, July 20
- Air conditioned dorms
- 1 hour driving distance from Indianapolis Airport (Airport code: IND)
- 5 All-You-Care-to-Eat dining facilities within steps of dorms
- Complimentary wifi campus-wide
- Bed and bath linens are provided for all participants
- Complimentary laundry services (detergent not provided, can be purchased in dorms)
- Close to Tropicanoe Cove Waterpark and Purdue Memorial Union Rack and Roll
- Within an hour drive from Indianapolis Motor Speedway
What's New in 2018
- Judges, staff, guests, exhibitors & speakers MUST register online
- Tour & Activity Plan is not required
- Air-conditioned dorms
- Refreshed opening and closing shows
- Enhanced mobile event app (iOS and Android)
- $50 individual deposits will not be required
- New and improved online registration and scheduling platform
- Certificates will be emailed and can be accessed up to 5 months after the event closes
- Medical forms will be submitted online as part of the online registration process
- More desirable memorabilia in the Cop Shop (email your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Explorers must be under the age of 21 on the first day of the conference (Mon) to be eligible to participate
- Full check-in on Sunday and Monday, receive your post’s packet on either day
- Cancellation and refund policies
- Explorer talent show in lieu of Wednesday night entertainment
FOR ATTENDEES OTHER THAN EXPLORERS & ADVISORS
*This is applicable only to those people who are NOT attending with their post.
This year conference staff, judges and additional attendees will be required to register online. There will be an option during the online registration process to select an "attendee type". This will allow event coordinators to better serve everyone when they arrive on site.
Anyone attending the event must register online and check-in on site in the headquarters office to receive a name badge.
NOTE: Registering does not necessarily mean you must pay a fee.
STAFF | $0 Fee
Required to stay entire duration of conference. Defined as anyone who is volunteering in a program, administrative, judge or service capacity for the duration of the conference. All registered staff will receive a staff polo shirt and cap. Judges will be granted special privileges to the digital scoring feature of the event software program.
GUEST | $30 / day fee
Guests will be accompanied by conference staff while on site for youth protection purposes. Defined as anyone who does not fit in any other "attendee type" category. Fee includes three meals at one of the five qualifying dining facilities on campus and access to the event - opening and closing show, participation in seminars, career fair and observing special team and individual competitions. Guests will not be allowed to observe response team competitions. Guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
SPEAKERS, PRESENTERS & EXHIBITORS | $0 Fee
Defined as seminar presenters, speakers at opening & closing shows, rally and Exploring USA career fair exhibitors. Registered speakers, presenters and exhibitors will receive a conference memento from the NLEEC committee.
2018 National Law Enforcement Exploring Conference Resources
FORMS & RESOURCES
Purdue Campus Map
Fact Sheet (coming soon)
Save the Date (coming soon)