2019 National Law Enforcement Exploring Leadership Academies Back
The Academies will return in the summer of 2019.
2019 National Law Enforcement Exploring Leadership Academies
Every other summer selected Law Enforcement Explorers will have the unique experience of participating in the National Law Enforcement Exploring Leadership Academies. The National Law Enforcement Exploring Academy Committee will select thirty Explorers for each academy. Explorers will list their top academy choices and the Academy Committee will make the academy assignments for the selected Explorers.
The academies will feature programs on the dynamics of leadership, physical training, and law enforcement practices. The academies will begin with a group meeting on the arrival date. All Explorers will be assigned a roommate and will be housed at a university, military base or FLETC.
Each application will be reviewed by a selection committee comprised of law enforcement representatives from the host agencies.
Thirty Explorers will be selected to attend each Leadership Academy.
Acceptance letters will be emailed to selected Explorers no later than March 31, 2017.
DATES & LOCATIONS
2019 dates and locations will be announced during the first quarter of 2019.
Online Application Process
The online application process will open in early 2019.
All recommendation letters and certification forms must be uploaded to your online registration account during that time. You will have the ability to log back in to edit information and upload documents at a later time. Mailed letters and forms will not be accepted.
- You will need to submit three (3) letters of recommendation electronically through the online application. Have your letters saved as Word or PDF documents before you begin the online registration process.
- You will need to submit your signed certification form electronically as well. Have this document signed, scanned and saved as a PDF before you begin the online registration process. Download the Certification Form from the "Resources" box below.
- After you have completed steps 1 and 2, you may begin the online registration process.
Each academy requires the service of 4 - 6 Exploring advisors to carry out the mission of the National Law Enforcement Exploring Leadership Academy by maintaining a safe environment for all participants and adhering to Exploring policies.
Advisors who meet the following minimum eligibility requirements are invited to submit an application (coming soon) to email@example.com.
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be a currently registered Exploring advisor in good standing with the local council.
- Must have completed Youth Protection Training within the two years prior to the end of the assigned Academy.
- Create and maintain a supportive, creative and focused atmosphere before and during the Academy with the team of advisors, the Explorers and hosting agency personnel.
- Secure personal transportation to and from the designated airport.
- Convey clear and consistent communication with national staff, your lead advisor and co-advisors, Explorers and Explorers’ local advisors and parents/guardians.
- Adhere to National Exploring policies and procedures.
- Facilitate debriefing discussions with your squad of Explorers as the schedule allows.
- Adhere to Exploring’s Safety First Guidelines including two-deep leadership throughout the Academy.
2019 National Law Enforcement Exploring Leadership Academies Resources
FORMS & RESOURCES
Coming in early 2019.