Identify a star through a telescope, care for zoo animals, visit a laboratory and more.
- Exploring Career Fields
- Life Skills
- US Department of Education Career Clusters
- Agriculture, Food & Natural Resources
- Architecture & Construction
- Arts, A/V Technology & Communications
- Business Management & Administration
- Education & Training
- Government & Public Administration
- Health Science
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Human services
- Information Technology
- Law, Public Safety, Corrections & Security
- Transportation, Distribution & Logistics
In this session, Explorers will begin with an overview of the computer science discipline, and they will then conduct a short, fun investigation that is related computer science.
Have you ever wondered what was in your laundry detergent or how the fabric of your athletic shirt was made? Or who designs batteries to be used in space? Those are just a few examples of items that were probably impacted by chemical engineers. Chemical engineers solve problems to create products that people depend on every day and to improve the products and processes of tomorrow. And they do it by applying knowledge of disciplines from physics, chemistry, and mathematics to microbiology, biochemistry, and economics.