Check back regularly for important announcements about changes, reminders, new resources and more.
IMPORTANT DATES & FEES
Opens October 1, 2017
$150 non-refundable deposit due upon reservation
ONLINE REGISTRATION OPEN
April 1, 2018 - July 1, 2018
$495 per Explorer and Advisor
Payments can be made online & via mail during this time. Full payment is due in the National Exploring Office by midnight on July 1, 2018.
Sunday, July 15
$70 additional fee per person
Monday, July 16 - Friday, July 20
OCT 1 Registration opens
APR 1 Scheduling opens
MAY 1 National Youth Rep & Distinguished Advisor nominations due
JULY 1 Registration & scheduling closes
JULY 9 Mobile app "NLEEC" available in app stores
JULY 15 Early arrival
JULY 16 Conference begins
JULY 20 Conference ends
PURDUE CAMPUS HIGHLIGHTS
- Air conditioned dorms
- 1 hour driving distance from Indianapolis Airport (Airport code: IND)
- 5 All-You-Care-to-Eat dining facilities within steps of dorms
- Complimentary wifi campus-wide
- Bed and bath linens are provided for all participants
- Complimentary laundry services (detergent not provided, can be purchased in dorms)
- Close to Tropicanoe Cove Waterpark and Purdue Memorial Union Rack and Roll
- Within an hour drive from Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Advisors attending the NLEEC are invited to participate in these monthly webinars to help you and your Explorers prepare for the event. These are not mandatory and all webinars will be recorded and posted online (see links at the bottom of this page) for later viewing.
TO CONNECT TO EACH WEBINAR:
Meeting Number: 216 706 7005
Access Code: 630 5862
ALL WEBINARS WILL BEGIN AT 10 AM CENTRAL AND END AT 10:30 AM CENTRAL.
Wed Oct 11 | What’s New in 2018
Wed Nov 8 | Post XChange & Exploring USA
Wed Feb 7 | Medical Forms
Wed Mar 7 | Bathroom & Shower Policy
Wed Apr 4 | Scoring Policies, Certificates of Recognition
Wed May 2 | Packing List Tips
Wed June 6 | Arriving at Purdue & Check-In
Mon July 9 | Your Q&A
What's New in 2018
- Judges, staff, guests, presenters & speakers MUST register online
- Tour & Activity Plan is NOT required
- Air-conditioned dorms
- Refreshed opening and closing shows
- Enhanced mobile event app (iOS and Android)
- $50 individual deposits will not be required
- New and improved online registration and scheduling platform
- Certificates will be emailed and can be accessed up to 5 months after the event closes
- Medical forms will be submitted online as part of the online registration process
- More desirable memorabilia in the Cop Shop (email your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Full check-in on Sunday and Monday, receive your post’s packet on either day
- Cancellation and refund policy changes
- Movies will be shown Mon - Fri nights at the same time as Jump Club dances
Check back soon for seminar topics and speaker bios.
Check back soon for seminar topics and speaker bios.
STAFF, JUDGES, SPEAKERS & GUESTS
*This is applicable to everyone who is attending for any length of time WITHOUT an Explorer post. Career Fair exhibitors should register through IACP.
This year conference staff, judges and additional attendees will be required to register online. There will be an option during the online registration process to select an "attendee type". This will allow event coordinators to better serve everyone when they arrive on site.
Anyone attending the event must register online and check-in on site in the headquarters office to receive a name badge. Career Fair exhibitors should also check-in at headquarters office in the Hillenbrand Residence Hall.
NOTE: Registering does not necessarily mean you must pay a fee.
STAFF | $68 / Day Fee (On-campus without meal plan) OR $95 / Day Fee (On -campus with meal plan)
Required to stay entire duration of conference. Defined as anyone who is volunteering in a program, administrative, judge or service capacity for the duration of the conference. All registered staff will receive a staff polo shirt and cap. Judges will be granted special privileges to the digital scoring feature of the event software program.
NOTE: The registration platform will automatically charge judges and staff the $495 registration fee. The fee will be adjusted after the registrant's participation is verified by the NLEEC Committee. Payment is not required to complete/submit online registration. The payment deadline is July 1, 2018.
GUEST | $30 / Day Fee
Guests will be accompanied by conference staff while on site for youth protection purposes. Defined as anyone who does not fit in any other "attendee type" category. Fee includes three meals at one of the five qualifying dining facilities on campus and access to the event - opening and closing show, participation in seminars, career fair and observing special team and individual competitions. Guests will not be allowed to observe response team competitions. Guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult. The payment deadline is July 1, 2018
SPEAKERS & PRESENTERS | $0 Fee
Defined as seminar presenters, speakers at opening & closing shows, rally and demonstration presenters. Registered speakers and presenters will receive a conference memento from the NLEEC committee.
NOTE: The registration platform will automatically charge presenters and speakers the $495 registration fee. The fee will be waived after the registrant's participation is verified by the NLEEC Committee. Payment is not required to complete/submit online registration.
or call the conference registrar at (972) 580-2418
2018 National Law Enforcement Exploring Conference Resources
ADVISOR WEBINAR ARCHIVES
FORMS & RESOURCES
Distinguished Advisor Nomination | PDF