CHALLENGING CIRCUMSTANCES Back
In this session, Explorers will evaluate and offer solutions to challenging circumstances encountered in the workplace.
By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
Explain the importance of being able to effectively respond to challenges experienced in the workplace.
- Disasters at Work Role-play Scenarios activity sheet—make a copy for each participant
Text in italics should be read aloud to participants. As you engage your post in activities each week, please include comments, discussions, and feedback to the group relating to Character, Leadership, and Ethics. These are important attributes that make a difference in the success of youth in the workplace and in life.
Pass out copies of the Disasters at Work Role-play Scenarios activity sheet. Explorers will be partnered for a role-playing activity. Each pair will choose one role-playing scenario from the activity sheet and will work together to create and present a dramatization of the scenario. (If you have an odd number of Explorers, note that scenario 9 requires three people and scenario 3 requires one person.)
Following each presentation, have participants discuss the scenario and the solution and determine if the most effective resolution was presented.
Some sample questions are below. They are designed to help the participants apply what they have learned to their own interests. You are welcome to use these questions or develop your own questions that relate to your post or specific focus area.
- What were you asked to do today?
- What is the value of taking part in role-play scenarios?
- What did you learn as you shared solutions to the challenging circumstances?
- Why is there value in “thinking through” scenarios such as these?
- How might you use this in your potential career?
- How could you help a classmate or friends use role-plays like this to help them face challenging situations?
- How might you use this in life or in college?
- Why is this important?
Was this information useful to you?