THE MOST POPULAR CAREERS OF INTEREST TO LAW ENFORCEMENT EXPLORERS
- City Law Enforcement Officers
- County Law Enforcement Officers
- State Law Enforcement Officers
- Federal Law Enforcement Officers & Special Agents
- Law Enforcement Intelligence Analysts, Forensic Laboratory, Specialists & other vital support specialists
Law Enforcement Exploring combines some classroom training with ride-alongs in police vehicles, pistol shooting, community policing, and much more. You get to experience firsthand what it’s like to be an officer of the law.
YOU WILL HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO PARTICIPATE IN:
- National Law Enforcement Exploring Conferences and National Law Enforcement Exploring Leadership Academies
- National Law Enforcement Exploring Pistol Shooting Championship
- Post-sponsored basic, advanced and specialized law enforcement training programs
- Local, state and regional training programs, conferences and competitive events sponsored by certified Law Enforcement Exploring Associations
- Post-sponsored Ride-Along programs in patrol cars and other police conveyance operations such as Marine Patrols and Bike Policing
YOU WILL HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO NETWORK WITH:
- Law Enforcement Explorers across the country and in some cases with young adults in programs similar to Law Enforcement Exploring sponsored by foreign police agencies
- Law enforcement professionals from local, county, state, federal and military organizations
- Judges, prosecutors and other professionals involved with the criminal justice system
- Community leaders, representatives from private and public community organizations, and instructors and professors from educational institutions that offer criminal justice and related programs
LAW ENFORCEMENT EXPLORING OFFERS THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS:
- Gain exposure to various criminal justice careers and to have positive interaction with law enforcement professionals.
- Obtain “hands-on” experience and awareness of the criminal justice system, thereby helping Explorers to make an informed decision on a career in law enforcement or a related field.
- Receive comprehensive career-focused training that in many cases qualifies for academic credit (i.e. career education credit).
- Preparation for career-related college degree programs and other advanced education opportunities
- Benefit from interpersonal growth through self-discipline, teamwork, challenging experiences, and high standards of performance and personal conduct.
- Enhanced character development and improved physical and mental fitness.
- Learn responsibility to self and others through leadership opportunities.
- Community service and networking activities by assisting sponsoring agency in a supplementary law enforcement and liaison capacity.
Law Enforcement Career Activity Library
Enhance your learning experience by participating in career specific activities. Take a look!
LAW ENFORCEMENT EXPLORING RESOURCES
Resources for Adult Leaders
Adult Leader Training (NOTE: Not career specific.)
Budget Planning Worksheet
Certified LEE Associations
Law Enforcement Program Guidelines
Logos & Marketing
New Unit Playbook
Internet Rechartering 2.0 (new)
Open House Fliers
Program and Resource Guide for Adult Leaders
Training & Safety