TIME MANAGEMENT Back
In this session, Explorers will analyze their use of time after tracking their activities for three days.
- Life Skills
- Time Management
By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- Explain the importance of time management.
- Evaluate the use of their time over a three-day period.
- Describe how to manage their time more effectively.
- Daily Activity Log activity sheet—make a copy for each participant
- Pen or pencil for each participant
Text in italics should be read aloud to participants. As you engage your post in activities each week, please include comments, discussions, and feedback to the group relating to Character, Leadership, and Ethics. These are important attributes that make a difference in the success of youth in the workplace and in life.
Share the Daily Activity Log activity sheet with Explorers at least one week in advance of the meeting where this topic will be discussed.
Daily Activity Log
Gather Explorers after they have filled out their activity sheets and tell them: Everyone has things they need to do each day. These can include going to school, doing chores, and sleeping, among many other things. There are only so many hours in a day, so it is necessary to be aware of those things we need to accomplish and how to get them done.
Use the reflection questions below to lead a discussion regarding how the members of the post used their time as recorded on their Daily Activity Log activity sheets.
Some sample questions are below. They are designed to help the participants apply what they have learned to their own interests. You are welcome to use these questions or develop your own questions that relate to your post or specific focus area.
- What took up most of your time?
- What took up the least amount of your time?
- In what ways were you surprised by what you learned?
- In what ways are you satisfied (or unsatisfied) with what you learned?
- What is a first step you might take to make a change?
- How might you use this in your potential career?
- How might you use this in life or in college?
- Why is this important?
Was this information useful to you?