State Advocates’ Role for Fire/EMS Exploring
- Serve with the local Exploring or District Executive in their state to create and maintain a current roster of all post advisors. The roster should include the first and last name, post, post number, email and phone. This is the most crucial role as up to date rosters will allow direct email communications (newsletter and email blasts if needed) directly to each post. State Advocates will ensure we have up to date roster information for Fire/EMS Exploring Posts.
- The State Advocates are liaisons to the National Fire/EMS Exploring Committee.
- Post Advisors should always feel free to contact their State Advocate.
- State Advocates should assist the local Exploring or District Executives with starting new posts.
- Promote, assist, and if possible, participate in the bi-annual National Fire/EMS Exploring Conference.
- State Advocates are invited to participate with quarterly conference calls with other State Advocates.
Scott R. Miller
City of Oxnard
Michael R. Sims
Joseph M. Kruzan, Jr.