The most popular Aviation careers include
• Aircraft mechanics
• Aerospace engineers
• Airport management and operations
• Unmanned aerial vehicle operators
• Avionics technicians
• Air traffic controllers
• Flight attendants
Aviation Career Exploring combines exciting hands-on activities with interactions with aviation professionals representing a wide range of careers. You will experience firsthand what it's like to be a pilot, aircraft mechanic, flight engineer or air traffic controller.
Aviation Career Exploring offers the following benefits:
• Possible networking and mentorship opportunities
• Improved self-confidence
• Leadership experience and social network development
• Fun and Exciting “hands-on” career experiences
• Community service opportunities
• College & Career Readiness preparation
• Scholarship opportunities (National Aviation Explorer Scholarships Guide and Application)
Most Aviation Explorer posts meet at local Airports. We take visits to Airports, Flight Lines, Manufacturing Plants, Flight Museums and Traffic Control Towers. We provide opportunities to participate in National events and regional training sessions.
When do Aviation Explorers meet?
Aviation Exploring posts typically meet on a bi-monthly basis during the school year with the specifics being determined by the local Aviation Explorer adult advisors.
The Aviation Career Exploring program is delivered through local participating agencies such as the airports, aircraft manufacturers & government agencies. Programs are flexible enough to fit in with other activities during the year to meet the needs of the host organization and the youth participants.
How much does it cost?
Annual program participation is $24. Individual programs may request an additional program fee and would be determined by the local Explorer post or club.