Law & Government Career Exploring
Law & Government Career Exploring is a hands-on program open to young men and women from the 6th grade to 20 years old with an interest in learning more about careers in the fields of Law & Government.
The most popular Law & Government Exploring careers include:
- Attorney / Lawyer
- Military careers
- Paralegal assistant
- Urban Planner
You get to experience firsthand what it’s like to serve as a prosecuting and defense attorney; conduct legal research vital to the success of a case; meet with sitting judges who interpret the law every day; visit inmates in a jail; participate in a mock trial competition; run a military obstacle course; make decisions for a city or state government; practice some of the several hundred military skills; and much more…
Law & Government Career Exploring will provide you with the following benefits:
- Improved self-confidence
- Leadership experience and social network development
- Fun and Exciting “hands-on” career experiences
- Community service opportunities
- College & Career Readiness preparation
When do meetings take place?
Law & Government Career Exploring posts typically meet on a bi-monthly basis during the school year. Most programs parallel the high school calendar and begin in the fall. There are a number of programs that start at other times during the year to meet the needs of the host organization and participants. Programs are flexible enough to fit in with other activities.
The Law & Government Career Exploring program is very affordable with an annual program participation fee of $24. Special activities, events and conferences may cost more and would be determined by the local Exploring post. Individual programs may request an additional program fee and would be determined by the local Explorer post or club.
How can I join?
Participation is easy:
- Determine the career or careers in which you are interested.
- Click HERE to request information about local Career Exploring Posts in those career fields.
- The local post Advisor will then be in touch with you regarding upcoming meetings
- Attend a meeting or activity
- Fill out the Youth Participation Form and pay the Participation Fee