March 31, 2017
COMMISSIONER SERVICE TO EXPLORING UNITS
It’s here! As of March 1, 2017, Exploring units are now available in Commissioner Tools, including membership data. Reliable training data is coming soon. This means both Commissioners and Service Team Members can now record contacts for Explorer posts and clubs.
- Users can enter contacts using criteria based on the 2017 Post/Club JTE scorecard.
- Commissioners may be assigned to Posts and Clubs.
- Posts and Clubs have yet to be integrated into other my.Scouting Tools; although Exploring unit leader training has been available for several months from My Dashboard.
MY.SCOUTING: By end of April 2017, a supplemental module for Commissioners working with Exploring Units will be available in the BSA Learn Center within my.Scouting. The module, Servicing Exploring Units, will focus on the following learning objectives:
- Understand the role and structure of an Exploring Service Team
- Understand the role of a Unit Commissioner supporting Exploring Units in place of a service team member
- Understand the role of the Exploring Committee
- Become familiar with the tools and resources available to support units
- Understand the differences between unit service of a traditional Scouting Unit and an Exploring Unit
For a more in depth Exploring service training, Commissioners should complete the Service Team learning plans in Exploring LMS within my.Scouting.org.
WEBINAR: Tuesday, April 18 @ 2-2:45 pm Central. The webinar will focus on service to Explorer posts and clubs and growing Exploring in your council by creating an Exploring Service Team or using an existing commissioner service model. Please feel free to share this webinar opportunity far and wide, as it will benefit unit commissioners through council commissioner positions. The webinar will also be recorded and posted online at www.exploring.org/training-safety for future playback.
To join the webinar:
Make sure your computer is connected to the internet.
Meeting Number: 8663901828
Access Code: 3017816
COMING SOON: Recorded Commissioner Service to Exploring Webinar (Available after 4/18/17)
For system-related issues including down time, please email the Member Care Contact Center at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 972-580-2489 and log an incident to ensure proper handling and tracking.