Communications Career Exploring
Communications Career Exploring is a hands-on program open to young men and women from 6th grade to 20 years old with an interest in learning more about careers in the fields of Communications, including opportunities in TV, radio, journalism, graphic design and more.
The most popular Communications careers include:
• Television / radio broadcaster
• Graphic artist
• Editor – newspaper or magazine
• Producer, radio and television
• Public relations manager
• Satellite communications technician
• Marketing & advertising specialist
• Sports announcer
• News analysts, reporters, and correspondent
• Writer, editor
• Broadcast & sound engineering technician
• Satellite communications specialist
• Graphic designer
• Web designer
You get to experience firsthand what it’s like to develop and edit a story for a news broadcast, plan a media event, produce a radio or TV broadcast, develop and edit pictures and so much more!
Communications Career Exploring will provide you with the following benefits:
• Improved self-confidence
• Leadership experience and social network development
• Fun and Exciting “hands-on” career experiences
• Community service opportunities
• College & Career Readiness preparation
When do meetings take place?
Communications Exploring posts typically meet on a bi-monthly basis during the school year. Most programs parallel the high school calendar and begin in the fall. There are a number of programs that start at other times during the year to meet the needs of the host organization and participants. Programs are flexible enough to fit in with other activities.
Annual program participation is $24. Special activities, events and conferences may cost more and would be determined by the local Exploring post. Individual programs may request an additional program fee and would be determined by the local Explorer post or club.